The mother-daughter team behind AdventureWomen – an adventure travel company created by women, for women – announces the launch of mother-daughter tours for its 2019 product lineup. After 35 years, the award-winning tour operator is reaching out to younger, female travelers with two of its best-selling itineraries: swimming, surfing and snorkeling in Baja, and hiking, wildlife cruising and horseback riding in Iceland.
The new product launch will encourage multi-generational travel within the growing AdventureWomen community. “We chose Baja and Iceland because they are close to the USA, easy to get to and perfect destinations for active mothers and daughters,” states Nicole Wineland-Thomson, co-owner, daughter and Director of Programming. AdventureWomen sought destinations for the new line that offered a balance of outdoor fun with opportunities to explore the local culture and cuisine. “We wanted to keep things energetic, authentic and culturally relevant. There’s no better way to unwind after a day of surfing or horseback riding, for example, than with homemade tortillas and margaritas or a fresh lobster feast,” adds Nicole.
Highlights of the two itineraries include:
- “Glamping” on a remote, private beach
- Wildlife encounters, such as mother and baby whales in Magdalena Bay
- Surfing lessons, paddle-boarding, snorkeling with sea lions and kayaking to hidden lagoons
- A Mexican cooking class
- Horseback riding to the Secret Lagoon
- ATV riding on a volcanic peninsula, hiking in Snæfellsjökull National Park and exploring lava fields
- Relaxing in the world-famous Blue Lagoon
- A boat trip around Breiðafjörður Bay to encounter whales and puffins
- Visits to Þingvellir National Park and Gullfoss Waterfall
For more information on AdventureWomen, visit: www.adventurewomen.com